Today I would like to share easy to make, pantry ingredients, vegan and hearty french lentil mushroom soup. French lentil are green lentil which could hold it texture and have a nutty flavor.
FRENCH LENTIL SOUP INGREDIENTS
French Lentil: low in sodium and saturated fat (source).
Mushroom: mini portobello mushroom.
Vegetables: sweet yellow onion, garlic and yellow potatoes.
Vegetable broth: store bought or homemade.
Other recipes to try:
French Lentil Mushroom Soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup french lentil
- 1/4 cup mushroom (chopped and cooked)
- 2 potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bulb yellow onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Warm the olive oil over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 5 min.
- Cook lentils for 25-30min.
- Pour the lentils, broth and water. Add choped potatoes, mushroom, cooked onions and garlic.
- Cook for 10-15min. Serve warm with vegan sour cream on the top (optional).