This the best pumpkin chili is a perfect hearty blend of chickpeas, pumpkin and warming spices, and of course it’s plant based! It’s a comforting one pot meal for the whole family to enjoy.
The whole recipe made of cupboard staples which would be easy to find and make. Let’s get started!
Step-by-step video tutorial for pumpkin chili
What to you put on the top of chili? Any type of your favorite vegan cheese, sour cream, chilanto, parsley… you name it!
- Soak chickpeas in advance (8hrs or overnight)
- You can cook these chili with ready to use store bought chickpeas
- I used pressure cooker for these recipe, however, you can use dutch oven
- In these post you can find a step-by-step tutorial on how to peel and cook butternut squash.
The Best Pumpkin Chili
- pressure cooker
- 1/3 cup chickpeas
- 1 bulb onion
- 370 g pumpkin
- 1 pcs tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 50 g bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp vegetable broth (vegan)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat a pot on medium heat, add olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic and salt,stir frequently. Cook for 5-10 min until vegetables have softened.
- Add all the ingredients to a pressure cooker.
- Add chickpeas, tomato paste and spices.
- Cook on "Chili" settings (or for 30min on the stove ) for 30 min.