This the best pumpkin chili is a perfect hearty blend of chickpeas, pumpkin and warming spices, and of course it’s plant based! It’s a comforting one pot meal for the whole family to enjoy.
The whole recipe made of cupboard staples which would be easy to find and make. Let’s get started!
Step-by-step video tutorial for pumpkin chili
PUMPKIN CHILI INGREDIENTS
What to you put on the top of chili? Any type of your favorite vegan cheese, sour cream, chilanto, parsley… you name it!
VEGAN PUMPKIN CHILI TIPS
- Soak chickpeas in advance (8hrs or overnight)
- You can cook these chili with ready to use store bought chickpeas
- I used pressure cooker for these recipe, however, you can use dutch oven
- In these post you can find a step-by-step tutorial on how to peel and cook butternut squash.
I hope you will love these Pumpkin Chili because it’s:
Easy to make
Other recipes to try:
The Best Pumpkin Chili
- pressure cooker
- 1/3 cup chickpeas
- 1 bulb onion
- 370 g pumpkin
- 1 pcs tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 50 g bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp vegetable broth (vegan)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat a pot on medium heat, add olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic and salt,stir frequently. Cook for 5-10 min until vegetables have softened.
- Add all the ingredients to a pressure cooker.
- Add chickpeas, tomato paste and spices.
- Cook on "Chili" settings (or for 30min on the stove ) for 30 min.
Some tools you might need: