Okonomiyaki is a savory version of a pancake in Japan and typically made with cabbage, meat or seafood and eggs. Today, I would like to share with you a vegan okonomiyaki recipe. It’s healthy, delicious and definitely worth trying!
For these recipe you will need cabbage, vegan egg (recipe of chia seed vegan egg you could find here), scallions and water. You’ll need to mix everything together and it’s ready to cook!
OKONOMIYAKI COOKING TIPS
- Which type of cabbage to use? You can use any type of cabbage, however, it needs to be shredded very finely. I’m preferring to use chinese cabbage. Although, you could blanch you cabbage for 5-10 min in water to make in soft.
- Which toppings to use? You could use okonomiyaki sauce, vegan mayo (store bought or homemade) and sprinkle some chives on the top.
WATCH MY STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL
- frying pan
- 10 g scallions
- 115 g flour
- 1 pcs vegan egg
- 250 g cabbage
- 1 tbs okonomi sauce
- 1 tsp mayo
- In a large bowl, combine scallions, vegan egg, cabbage, flour and water.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add a little bit of olive oil or canola oil and scoop 1/2 the mixture into the pan.
- Cook 3-5 min per sides, until it changes the color (you can low the heat).
- Top it with Okonomiyaki sauce, mayo and chives