Today i would like to share with you the most amazing and delicious vegan spring rolls recipe! It’s made of simple ingredients and easy to cook. Trust me, it will become one of your go-to dishes very quick! Let’s get started!
WHAT IS SPRING ROOLS
Spring Rolls (春卷 chūn juǎn) are filled and appetizer in East Asia, South Asia, Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian cuisine. There are difference between Spring Rolls and Summer Rolls.
IS SPRING ROLLS VEGAN?
Traditionally, Spring Rolls is not vegan since wrappers made of eggs, wheat and coconut oil.
Luckily for us, spring rolls is easy to make vegan!
The main replacement is to use rice paper or look for egg-free version of wrappers. As for vegan spring roll filling you can experience with a different types of vegetables.
VEGAN SPRING ROLLS INGREDIENTS
Cabbage: you could use any sort of cabbage, however, I would suggest to cut it thinner and blanch in water for 5-7 min.
Bamboo Shoot (optional): boiled bamboo shoots could be found in any Asian Supermarket.
Mushrooms (optional): I’ve used mini portobello mushrooms, however, you could use white mushrooms or any of your choice.
Sauce: you will make a mixture of mirin sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and vegetable bouillon powder.
I hope you will love these Vegan Spring Rolls recipe because it’s:
Easy to make
and absolutely delicious!
Other recipes to try:
Vegan Spring Rolls
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup small portobello mushroom
- 1 pcs bamboo shoot (shredded)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce optional
- 1 tsp vegetable broth powder
- 1 tbsp mirin sauce
- 1 package wrappers
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add vegetables and spices (except tapioca starch)
- Cook for 3-5 min.
- Add tapioca starch (1 tbsp starch mix with 2 tbsp water)
- Cool Filling
- Preheat oven 365F
- Carefully peel one wrapper off
- Place 1 tsp of filling on the bottom. Roll up half way, fold sides, finish rolling.
- Brush spring rolls with grapeseed/canola oil.
- Bake for 20-25 min until golden.