Shortbread cookies is a traditional Scottish biscuit, rich in flavor and fun to make! These shortbread cookies recipe is a vegan, lighter version of a traditional recipe.
VEGAN SHORTBREAD COOKIES INGREDIENTS
Butter: you can use any type of unsalted vegan butter.
Flour: you can use all-purpose flour, type 00 flour or pastry flour.
Rice Flour: for these recipe white rice flour would be a perfect ingredient, however, you can use brown rice flour if you don’t have a white one in your cupboard.
Sugar: for a healthier version use a cane sugar.
SHORTBREAD COOKIES VIDEO TUTORIAL
I hope you will love these Vegan Shortbread Cookies recipe because it’s:
Easy to make
Other recipes to try:
Vegan Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 150 g vegan butter
- 50 g cane sugar
- 130 g flour
- 50 g brown rice flour
- Preheat oven 365F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add sifted flour, rice flour. Knead lightly.
- Press the mixture into the tin. Use a knife to draw a lines-fingers.
- Prick each one with a fork.
- Bake for 30 min 365F.
- Remove cookies from the oven and mark them again.
- Bake for extra 15-20min 360F.
- Sprinkle with some sugar on top. Cool in the tin for 30 min.