These recipe for peppermint chocolate thumbprint cookies is very moist, full of chocolate flavor and peppermint hints.
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE THUMBPRINT COOKIES INGREDIENTS:
Flour : all-purpose, gluten free, type 00 or pastry flours.
Maple syrup or cane sugar
White chocolate (vegan)
Candy cane (for garnish)
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE THUMBPRINT COOKIES TIPS:
- Use almond flour instead of almond mill.
- You can use gluten free flour for “gluten free version” of these cookies.
- Use back of spoon or spatula to make “thumbprint” on the cookies.
- You can bake cookies one day in advance before filling it with chocolate.
- You can experience with a different fillings (jam, chocolate, praline) and different toppings (candies, nuts).
Other Christmas Recipes you might like:
Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g white chocolate (vegan)
- 2 pcs candy cane (crushed)
- Preheat the oven 365F
- In the bowl mix all the ingredients (except chocolate and candycane) until smooth.
- Roll dough into balls, place on baking sheet. Press back of the spoon or spatula into tops of cookies to make indentations.
- Bake 12-15 min.
- Remove from the oven and make indentations one more time.
- Let it cool completely.
- Warm white chocolate over a pot of simmering water. Fill the thumbprints with the chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
If you tried these Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies recipe or any other recipe on the blog let me know by leaving comment below! Follow along Youtube, Instagram and Pinterest for even more recipes!