These festive banana gingerbread cake is very moist, yummy and easy to make.
BANANA GINGEBREAD TIPS:
- For these recipe you could use homemade or store bought gingerbread spices.
- Use ripe bananas-it will make the cake sweet and very moist.
- Use canola oil or vegan butter of your choice.
- For the glaze sift the confectioner’s sugar (80 g) into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice (1-2tbsp) until smooth. Dizzle over the cooled cake.
Banana Gingerbread Cake
Easy to make, vegan and moist banana gingerbread- best snack for holidays season.
- 3 pcs ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp gingerbread spices
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven 365F. Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Mix soy (almond) milk and apple cider vinegar (it will be used as a vegan buttermilk substitute).
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mash 3 bananas. Mix in oil, buttermilk and vanilla and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, gingerbread spices and salt. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir gently.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake 30 min. or until well risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Leave to cool completely before slicing.
- Tip: for the glaze sift the confectioner's sugar (80 g) into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice (1-2tbsp) until smooth. Dizzle over the cooled cake.
Calories: 333kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 4gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 92mgPotassium: 45mgFiber: 1gSugar: 25gCalcium: 58mgIron: 2mg