These vegan gingerbread cookies are perfect addition for the holidays season. It is easy to make, soft and full of festive spices. It will definitely become one of you “go to” cookies recipes for the jolly season.
VEGAN GINGERBREAD COOKIES INGREDIENTS:
Vegan Egg: (recipe could be found here).
Vegan Butter: store bought or homemade
Molasses: gingerbread essential ingredient
Brown Sugar: muscovado sugar-it will give you a nice caramel aroma and taste, and although a brownish color
Spices: all spice, ginger and cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN GINGERBREAD COOKIES:
1.First, blend flour, brown sugar and salt with a food processor. Meanwhile, prepare vegan egg. Then, add molasses, egg, spices and butter. Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 1hr.
2. Preheat Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out 3 mm thick.
3. TIP: Bake the whole sheet for 10 min, take from the oven and use cookie cutters to cut out your desired shapes.
4. Keep baking for another 5-10 min.
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- 350 g flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 g all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g vegan butter
- 1 vegan egg
- 70 g maple syrup
- 20 g molasses
- 1 pinch salt
- Blend with a food processor flour, salt and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Knead the dough and form a thick disc. Chill the disk for 1 hr.
- Preheat the oven 360F.
- Remove the disc and roll between two piece of parchment paper.
- Bake the dough for 10 min. Remove from the oven and cut out with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for another 5-10min. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 min before trasfering to a wire rack.