Creamy, delicious and hearty soup with parsnip and sweet pumpkin which combination could be a better choice to start a Veganuary celebration! As many people know January is a Veganuary challenge month, the time when people can experience to try something new and will be inspired to eat vegan everyday for the whole month. I think these recipe is a good thing to start with because it is very simple and easy to make.
PARSNIP PUMPKIN SOUP INGREDIENTS:
Pumpkin: butternut squash (tips and video tutorial “how to peel and cut” could be found here)
Yellow sweet onion
Garlic: baked garlic
Vegetable Stock: homemade or store bought
Parsnip Pumpkin Soup
- 2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups fresh water
- 2 parsnip
- 2 potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (baked)
- 1/4 bulb yellow sweet onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock (powder)
- Preheat the oven 365F.
- Roast parsnip in the oven until tender.
- In a large saucepan add water cooked pumpkin,potatoes, vegetable stock, garlic and onion.
- Pour the soup into a blender soup and roasted parsnip. Puree untill smooth and creamy.
- Stir in vegan youghurt or vegan sour cream.