These sweet &sour fried tofu and farro dish is easy to make and would quickly become you “go to” favorite dish.
First, let’s talk about farro and how to cook it.
WHAT IS FARRO?
Farro is an ancient grain, full of nutrition and benefits. It is perfect in salads, soups or as a side dish.
HOW TO COOK FARRO?
- In Instant Pot:
Place 1 cup of farro and 2 cups of water, cook for 12-15 min under “rice” settings.
2. In a pot:
Place 1 cup of farro and 2 cups of water, cook 15-20min.
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU INGREDIENTS:
Liquid amino acids
Vegetable Broth (powder)
How to cook Farro
- instant pot
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cup fresh water
- Add farro and water to Instant Pot.
- Cook 12-15 min in "rice" mode.
Sweet and Sour Fried Tofu
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/4 bulb yellow sweet onion
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vegetable broth powder
- Cut onion into small pieces.
- Combine all the ingredienst(except tofu) together and set aside.
- Cut tofu into cubes and fri under medium heat with sesame oil mixture.
- Serve with farro and salad (optional).