Today I would like to share with you a pumpkin scones recipes. It is very versatile (since it’s a savory scones and there’s cheese in it) because you can have it with a tea or soup. This scones are very addicted that the whole family will crave (and trust nobody will notice that it’s totally vegan). The recipe asking for a pumpkin puree, whether store bought or homemade.
PUMPKIN SCONES STEP-BY-STEP RECIPE VIDEO:
VEGAN PUMPKIN SCONES FLAVOR VARIATIONS
- Plant-based sour cream and onion: add chopped onions and 1tbsp of sour cream instead of pumpkin and cheese
- Sun-dried tomatoes and jalapeño: add it instead of pumpkin and cheese. It will give you a feeling of “pizza” flavor.
- Maple syrup and pecan: if you like to try a sweet version of these recipe.
VEGAN SCONES TIPS
You can use any plant-based milk as a vegan egg wash substitute (vegan egg wash recipe could be found here).
I hope you will love this Vegan Pumpkin Scones because it’s:
Easy to make
and absolutely delicious!
Other recipes to try:
VEGAN PUMPKIN SCONES
- dough cutter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 270 g flour
- 50 g plant-based cheese
- 200 g pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp plant-based yoghurt
- 8 tbsp vegan butter (salted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 365°.
- Sift flour (any of your preference: all-purpose, 00, whole wheat or pastry), baking powder and salt.
- Add pumpkin puree, vegan youghurt and cheese (cubed).
- Add cold cubed vegan butter (any of your choice, however, it should be cold-it is very important becasue it will help to get a flaky and moist texture).
- Lightly knead dough in bowl until it comes together.
- Turn out into a surface and fold it.
- Cut rectangles in half the lengthwise, then cut each into 5 squares.
- Thansfer it to prepared baking sheet. Brush it with plant-based milk of your choice.
- Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.
Some tools you might need: