These recipe for vegan chicken and asparagus pasta bake is easy to make, creamy and satisfying meal! But first, let’s talk about the asparagus and how we can substitute chicken.
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS:
The best way to boil asparagus is to follow these steps:
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the outside skin of the asparagus.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the asparagus. Cook for 5-7min.
- Rinse the asparagus with a cold water to stop the cooking process.
HOW TO SUBSTITUTE CHICKEN:
You can substitute chicken with a textured vegetable protein (TVP). TVP is a high-fiber, complete protein, contains no fat. It is made from deflated soy flour that has been cooked under pressure and then dried.
VEGAN CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS PASTA BAKE INGREDIENTS:
Pasta: any of your choice (gluten-free, rigatoni, penne fusilli farfalle or rotini)
Asparagus: full of vitamin C, K and fiber
TVP: cooked (according to package)
Vegan cheese: any of your own choice ( sprinkle on the top/optional)
Creamy Sauce Ingredients:
Plant-based milk: soy or almond
Sweet yellow onion: caramelized
Vegetable Broth (vegan/powder/optional)
Flour slurry: mix 1 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp water
Other recipes to try:
Creamy Vegan Chicken and Asparagus Pasta Bake
- 2 cups pasta (cooked for 5-7 min)
- 1 bunch asparagus (cooked 5-7min)
- 1/2 cup TVP (cooked)
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 bulb sweet yellow onion
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp vegetable broth (powder/optional)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven 365 F.
- Creamy sauce: blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender.
- Mix cooked pasta with sauce and cooked TVP.
- Pour pasta into a baking dish; add asparagus. Sprinkle cheese on the top (optional).
- Bake 365F for 25-30 min until golden brown.
If you tried these Vegan Chicken and Asparagus Pasta Bake recipe or any other recipe on the blog let me know by leaving comment below! Follow along Youtube, Instagram and Pinterest for even more recipes!
All comments are moderated before appearing on the site. Thank you!