Today we are gonna make a festive vegetable quiche-full of flavor and vegetables.
WHATS IS QUICHE?
Quiche is a French tart usually consisting of pastry crust and eggs and dairy filling. It can be served hot or cold.
SHOULD QUICHE CRUST BE PREBAKED?
For these recipe you don’t need to prebake crust, however for some of different recipe you will need to bake the crust in advance.
FESTIVE VEGETABLE QUICHE INGREDIENTS:
Butter: use vegan butter of your choice (store bought or homemade).
Water: cold fresh water.
Cream: plant-based cream (oats or coconut).
Tofu: use silken tofu for vegan version or eggs for traditional version
Vegetables: potatoes, zucchini, onion (you can experience with different types of vegetables)
Other recipes to try:
Festive Vegetable Quiche
- 90 g butter (vegan/room temperature)
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 180 g flour
- 1 pcs vegan egg (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cold water
- 1 package silken tofu
- 250 ml plant-based milk
- 1/4 bulb onion
- 1 pcs zucchini
- 1 pcs medium size potato
- 3-5 pcs cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp vegetable broth (powder)
- 1 pinch ginger spice powder
- 1 pinch clove spice powder
- 1 pinch all spice powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven 365 F.
- Crust: combine all ingredients together, let the crust chill for 1hr in the fridge.
- Filling: cut all the vegetable, combine and set aside. Blend cream and silken tofu with turmeric and spices.
- Roll the crust, cut out and line the tart form (or quiche form). Add vegetables and pour tofu mixture on the top.
- Bake 30-35 min until golden. Let it cool for 10-20 min.