Today I would like to share a pumpkin Alfredo sauce pasta recipe. Usually Alfredo sauce contain butter, whipping cream and parmesan, however, I would like to introduce a “lighter” version of it. It is still creamy and rich but not heavy. Trust me, it will become you “go-to” comfort, hearty food real quick!
PUMPKIN ALFREDO PASTA INGREDIENTS:
Pumpkin: use pumpkin puree (canned or homemade).
Milk: you could use any plant-based milk of your choice (almond, soy or oats).
Spices: for these recipe you will need nutmeg, black pepper, salt and vegan vegetable broth powder(optional).
PUMPKIN ALFREDO PASTA Q&A:
1.Can you freeze pumpkin Alfredo sauce?
Yes, you can freeze these pumpkin sauce (for up to 3 days), however I would suggest to eat it freshly made.
2. Can I use canned pumpkin puree for these recipe?
Absolutely! You can use canned pumpkin puree or homemade.
3. Can I use these recipe to make a baked version of vegan mac and cheese?
Yes! Totally! You can combine all the ingredients together and add it to your baking dish (365F 20-25 min, although you can grade some vegan cheese on the top).
Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
- 250 g pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk (non-dairy)
- 1 tsp vegetable boulion powder (vegan version)(optional)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp butter (vegan) (optional)
- Cook pasta of your choice. Drain and set aside.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Heat a saucepan over a medium heat. Add blended ingredienst.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediantly.
More recipes with pumpkin: