No-bake cheesecake without the use of gelatin recipe is on our agenda today 🙂 Its’ creamy, light and sets perfectly (with agar-agar)! Bon appétit!
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS:
Crackers (for the crust): you could use any type of crackers of your choice (store bought or homemade). We will crush them with rolling pin or food processor.
Cream Cheese: room temperature non-dairy cream cheese (if you are making a vegan version of these recipe) or dairy cream cheese.
Butter: use room temperature non-dairy butter (for vegan cheesecake).
Yoghurt: I used vegan (coconut) yoghurt, however, you could use any types of your favorite plain yoghurt.
Sugar: use cane sugar (for vegan version).
Agar-agar: use agar-agar powder instead of gelatin. The results would be perfect and quick!
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE VIDEO TUTORIAL:
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE TIPS:
My tip would be try to not over mix it and use agar-agar mixture (mix agar-agar with
- Why has my cheesecake not set?
My tip would be try to not overmix and use agar-agar mixture (1tsp agar-agar powder and cream) in cheesecake filling. Agar-agar would help to set perfectly and you still would have a nice creamy texture.
2. Is there a taste difference between baked cheesecake and no-bake?
No-bake cheesecake tastes light, mouse-like consistency, while baked is velvety and rich.
3. Cheesecake will firm up in fridge, you just need to chill it in steps (30 min for the crust and 4-5 min for the filling).
4. What consistency no-bake cheesecake should be?
It should be smooth and firm, without any lumps.
5. What can I use for vegan no-bake cheesecake instead of gelatin?
Use agar-agar. It is 100% vegan and replicate gelatin texture perfectly.
6. Let agar-agar “bloom” in the liquid for 10 minutes before applying heat (simmer but not boil) to activate it.
Other recipes to try:
- 115 g crackers
- 60 g buter (non dairy)
- 10 g cane sugar
- 160 g cream cheese (non dairy)
- 70 g yoghurt (vegan)
- 200 g cream (non dairy)
- 1 tsp agar-agar
- 10 g lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp agar-agar
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp purple potato powder
- Put crackers in large resealble plastic bag, and crush with a rolling pin.
- Pour crumbs into a bowl, add sugar and butter.
- Press the crumb mixture into a pan (or cup).
- Chill for 30 min.
- Beat the cream cheese, add agar-agar mixture (mix agar-agar with cream), yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Pour the filling into a crust. Chill for 4-5 hrs.
- Mix agar-agar with water, add sugar and purple potato powder. Stir it for 5-10 min in a low medium heat. Let it cool for 5-8min.
- Pour the mixture into the filling.
- Chill for 3-4hrs.