Vegan vegetable galette-melt-in-mouth tart made with wonderful fennel, potatoes and creamy cheesy filling.
WHAT DOES GALETTE MEAN?
Galette is a term used in French cuisine, a flat round cake of pastry made of flour (main ingredients).
HOW TO KEEP GALETTE FROM GETTING SOGGY?
You can dust dough with semolina flour or breadcrumbs.
VEGAN VEGETABLE GALETTE INGREDIENTS:
For the pastry:
For the filling:
Other recipes to try:
Vegan vegetable galette
For the pastry
- 300 g flour
- 175 g vegan butter
- 1 tbsp vegan cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh water
For the filling:
- 1 bulb fennel
- 2 potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 bulb broccoli
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp vegan yoghurt
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 3 tbsp vegan cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp pine nuts (optional)
- In a large bowl mix flour and butter until breadcrumbs consistency achieved. Stir in vegan cheese, thyme, water. Bring together into a soft dough. Shape into a disc. Chill for 30min.
- In a large pan fry fennel (chopped), potatoes (chopped), garlic and thyme and salt until golden colour.
- Preheat the oven 365F.
- Roll out the pastry between two sheets of baking parchment paper.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment. Pile the veggies into the middle of the pastry, leaving a 1-2 inch border. Fold the pastry edges into the middle.
- Whisk together coconut cream, vegan yoghurt,chopped brocolli and vegan cheese.
- Add spoonfuls of the mix among the vegetables. Add thyme and pine nuts.
- Bake 30-40 min until the pastry is crisp and golden.
If you tried these Vegan vegetables galette or any other recipe on the blog let me know by leaving comment below! Follow along Youtube, Instagram and Pinterest for even more recipes!
All comments are moderated before appearing on the site. Thank you!