Today we are gonna make vegan shepherd’s pie– full of flavor, vegetables and nutrition.
VEGAN SHEPHERD’S PIE INGREDIENTS
Potatoes: russet or yellow potatoes
Mushrooms: I used mini portobello mushrooms
Chestnuts: it is one of the essential ingredients in these pie because chestnuts will give a thick, hearty and fullness taste and consistency to the dish.
Tomato: you could use fresh tomatoes or tomato paste
Onion: yellow sweet onion
Vegetable Broth: homemade or store bought.
SHEPHERD’S PIE HISTORY
Let’s talk about the history of shepherd’s pie, a British dish originated from sheep country in Scotland, first came about late in the 1700s. The recipe was invented by the housewives, looking for a way to create a new dish with Sunday roast.
I hope you will love these Vegan Shepherd’s Pie recipe because it’s:
Other recipe to try:
Vegan Shepherd's Pie
- 1 bulb onion
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 100 g chestnuts
- 1 cup cabbage
- 50 g mushrooms
- 1 cup water (or vegetable stock)
- 1 tsp vegetable broth (powder/ don't add it if vegetable stock were used instead of water)
- 1 tsp tapioca starch (mixed with water)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp english herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven.
- Heat the skillet pan over a medium heat with olive oil.
- Add onions, saute for 5 min.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except potato).
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish.
- Top it with mashed potatoes.
- Bake 365F 25-30min until potatoes is golden.
If you tried this Vegan Shepherd’s Pie recipe or any other recipe on the blog let me know by leaving comment below! Follow along Youtube, Instagram and Pinterest for even more recipes!
All comments are moderated before appearing on the site. Thank you!