Today we are gonna make vegan shepherd’s pie– full of flavor, vegetables and nutrition.
VEGAN SHEPHERD’S PIE INGREDIENTS
Potatoes: russet or yellow potatoes
Mushrooms: I used mini portobello mushrooms
Chestnuts: it is one of the essential ingredients in these pie because chestnuts will give a thick, hearty and fullness taste and consistency to the dish.
Tomato: you could use fresh tomatoes or tomato paste
Onion: yellow sweet onion
Vegetable Broth: homemade or store bought.
SHEPHERD’S PIE HISTORY
Let’s talk about the history of shepherd’s pie, a British dish originated from sheep country in Scotland, first came about late in the 1700s. The recipe was invented by the housewives, looking for a way to create a new dish with Sunday roast.
I hope you will love these Vegan Shepherd’s Pie recipe because it’s:
Other recipe to try:
Vegan Shepherd's Pie
- 1 bulb onion
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 100 g chestnuts
- 1 cup cabbage
- 50 g mushrooms
- 1 cup water (or vegetable stock)
- 1 tsp vegetable broth (powder/ don't add it if vegetable stock were used instead of water)
- 1 tsp tapioca starch (mixed with water)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp english herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven.
- Heat the skillet pan over a medium heat with olive oil.
- Add onions, saute for 5 min.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except potato).
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish.
- Top it with mashed potatoes.
- Bake 365F 25-30min until potatoes is golden.