This recipe for tomato sauce shows how to make sauce from scratch, best sauce for pizza and pasta which easy could become staples in your kitchen or you could simply enjoy it with slice of gluten-free bread or focaccia.
TOMATO SAUCE INGREDIENTS
Tomatoes: use whole peeled plum tomatoes or San Marzano tomatoes (these recipe called for canned tomatoes, however you can use fresh but it needs to be baked and peeled prior usage)
All spices seasoning
Salt and sugar
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO SAUCE LESS ACIDIC?
You could add 1 tsp of lemon juice to your sauce.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST TOMATO SAUCE
- Use canned tomatoes with a “simple” ingredients list (sugar, tomatoes and citric acid).
- Brush thyme and mint with olive oil: it will help to keep the color and your final sauce would be more fragrant.
- Use ratio of 1 tbsp of cane sugar to 1 tsp of sea salt.
I hope you love these tomato sauce recipe because it’s:
Easy to make
and simply delicious!
Homemade tomato sauce
- 1 can tomatoes (796 ml can)
- 1 stick celery
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/4 bulb onion
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh thyme
- fresh mint
- Chop onion and celery.
- Brush thyme and mint with olive oil.
- Blend (pulse) tomatoes with food processor or blender.
- Heat a skillet over high heat (add olive oil). Sauté onion and celery.
- Add tomatoes. Cook for around 10 min (sauce will thicken) over a medium heat (it will bubbles and could spatter, so be carful!)
- Add thyme and min. Cook addditional 5 min.